Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: David Taylor released from National Letter of Intent
John Joyce added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"Hank, what can they give him now that he doesn't already know about and apparently dismissed?"

If you took the time to read the article, then you would know that he only took one visit the first time around (to Iowa State). So actually, he "doesn't already know" a lot since he didn't even visit Ohio State.

More than likely he will end up at Penn State. We all know that. As fans of Ohio State, we would like him to go to the team we root for. Get over it, Gary. We want the best for the team we are a fan of. It is that simple.

Also you questioned why they moved to Ohio previously. His dad got relocated to fly out of an airport in Ohio. Just because your job exists everywhere in the country doesn't mean that you can pick and choose where you go.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090507/SPORTS020603/90507026

“Taylor was coming to Iowa State strictly for Cael,” Jackson said Thursday. “He’s thinking about staying at home, so he asked me for a release to speak with Ohio State."

Last edited by Doug Brandt on May 8, 2009; edited 1 time in total

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

Quote from John Joyce's post:

"If you took the time to read the article, then you would know that he only took one visit the first time around (to Iowa State). So actually, he "doesn't already know" a lot since he didn't even visit Ohio State.

More than likely he will end up at Penn State. We all know that. As fans of Ohio State, we would like him to go to the team we root for. Get over it, Gary. We want the best for the team we are a fan of. It is that simple.

Also you questioned why they moved to Ohio previously. His dad got relocated to fly out of an airport in Ohio. Just because your job exists everywhere in the country doesn't mean that you can pick and choose where you go."

John,

I just asked the question about why. And yes, if often does mean that, but certainly not always.

The fact that he only took one visit, and it was not to a school in his own backyard, speaks volumes about Ohio State's chances. Unless there is something about Penn State that turns him off. But if he was willing to go to Ames, it is hard to say.

What do I need to get over? Sounds like that comment should be directed at those who hold out hope he will wind up in Columbus. I suppose stranger things have happened, but if he never showed interest in Ohio State before why would he do so now?

"John,

I just asked the question about why. And yes, if often does mean that, but certainly not always.

The fact that he only took one visit, and it was not to a school in his own backyard, speaks volumes about Ohio State's chances. Unless there is something about Penn State that turns him off. But if he was willing to go to Ames, it is hard to say.

What do I need to get over? Sounds like that comment should be directed at those who hold out hope he will wind up in Columbus. I suppose stranger things have happened, but if he never showed interest in Ohio State before why would he do so now?"

He was quoted previously as saying Ohio State was his second choice and that Cael was the deciding factor, as he has a long established relationship with Cael. He showed plenty of interest, just never followed through on the recruiting process due to following his "hero." He has said it would be different this time. Why not believe him?

You need to get over the fact that the majority of the people here are Ohio State fans and want the best for the team they support. Like I said, everyone on this website knows how slim a chance it is that he goes to Ohio State, but that possibility still exists until he commits somewhere else. As a fan of a team, anyone would want them to get all the best talent. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like Ohio State then just ignore the talk. Every topic that contains optimism in some aspect toward Ohio State, you chime in with hate. It gets old. Talk about a team you like, but don't hate on the team that most of the others do like. Let the fans dream. Again, there is nothing wrong with it. Why do you always feel like you need to try to shoot them down?

"He was quoted previously as saying Ohio State was his second choice and that Cael was the deciding factor, as he has a long established relationship with Cael. He showed plenty of interest, just never followed through on the recruiting process due to following his "hero." He has said it would be different this time. Why not believe him?

You need to get over the fact that the majority of the people here are Ohio State fans and want the best for the team they support. Like I said, everyone on this website knows how slim a chance it is that he goes to Ohio State, but that possibility still exists until he commits somewhere else. As a fan of a team, anyone would want them to get all the best talent. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you don't like Ohio State then just ignore the talk. Every topic that contains optimism in some aspect toward Ohio State, you chime in with hate. It gets old. Talk about a team you like, but don't hate on the team that most of the others do like. Let the fans dream. Again, there is nothing wrong with it. Why do you always feel like you need to try to shoot them down?"

LeBron James was quoted as saying Ohio State was his second choice to the NBA (but it was a distant second).

Are all Buckeye fans so thin-skinned? Oops, is that question "hating" too?

"LeBron James was quoted as saying Ohio State was his second choice to the NBA (but it was a distant second).

Are all Buckeye fans so thin-skinned? Oops, is that question "hating," too?"

Actually LeBron's second choice to the NBA was Duke, but why would I expect you to get that correct?

Get over yourself, Gary. This is the last time I will respond to you. It just isn't worth my time. It isn't about being "thin-skinned." It is about having an enjoyable time sharing a constructive discussion online with other fans of wrestling. You take the enjoyable and constructive parts out of the equation. You continue to miss the point of all of this. It isn't to argue, but to discuss. Instead you would rather argue and that is not why we post here. I would rather have fun than bicker.

Good luck on understanding the true point of this forum.

"Actually LeBron's second choice to the NBA was Duke, but why would I expect you to get that correct?

Get over yourself, Gary. This is the last time I will respond to you. It just isn't worth my time. It isn't about being "thin-skinned." It is about having an enjoyable time sharing a constructive discussion online with other fans of wrestling. You take the enjoyable and constructive parts out of the equation. You continue to miss the point of all of this. It isn't to argue, but to discuss. Instead you would rather argue and that is not why we post here. I would rather have fun than bicker.

Good luck on understanding the true point of this forum."

Not so sure about that Duke line. He would have had a heck of a time getting through their classes.

I am just putting things in perspective. The world (not in wrestling and certainly not academically) does not revolve around Ohio State.

Is the "true point" to be an Ohio State honk? Seriously, that is usually how it seems. And not all contrary comments are "arguing." They usually are just to present some balance to an admittedly very slanted forum.

David Brown added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

Gary,
I'm so glad we have a self-appointed curmudgeon on this forum. Where would we be without you shooting holes in our kites?

Quote from David Brown's post:

"Gary,
I'm so glad we have a self-appointed curmudgeon on this forum. Where would we be without you shooting holes in our kites?"

As a proud graduate of the University of Michigan, I am always glad to shoot down any Buckeye fans.

Seriously, I just try to remind the honks there is always another side to the scarlet and grey coin. I think some perspective for all sides is always a good thing.

John Fayette added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

"Except this kid is not really an "Ohio boy." When and why did they move here? I could be wrong, but if the father is a commercial pilot, couldn't they live just about anywhere and probably not affect his work?"

I think he moved here in fifth grade (+/-). I think he considers himself an Ohio boy although he has never really said that to me. Good luck to him at the next level.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

"Seriously, I just try to remind the honks there is always another side to the scarlet and grey coin. I think some perspective for all sides is always a good thing."

The other side of the 'scarlet and grey' coin has Tom Ryan's face on it, pal!

Go call a time out!!!

Just razzin', dude. I enjoy your comments. And I totally get where you're coming from.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

"Hank, what can they give him now that he doesn't already know about and apparently dismissed?"

Loyalty?

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on May 9, 2009

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Loyalty?"

Roe, I agree 100% that might very well be missing from Sanderson. Would be very interesting to know when and from whom Taylor learned that Sanderson was even thinking about leaving ISU, much less when the decision was actually made.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on May 9, 2009

"Roe, I agree 100% that might very well be missing from Sanderson. Would be very interesting to know when and from whom Taylor learned that Sanderson was even thinking about leaving ISU, much less when the decision was actually made."

Answer that with what you've said earlier, it has no effect on you personally so why does it matter?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 9, 2009

Brady: I'm not sure if you are addressing me but if you are and had paid attention I was answering a question as to what might be offered at TOSU as opposed to Cael. If your point is to bicker I won't. Don't just grab a piece of a thread and make it out to be something it isn't.

It still matters little to me personally. As a fan, however, I am quite interested in how coaches recruit/treat student-athletes. I think the way the VT and Cael situations have proceeded will, and should,change the way recruits look at the process.

If it doesn't it is their fault now, not the coaches or schools. When a deified gold medal Olympian can be convinced to leave his alma mater where he is revered, anyone can leave anywhere.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next