Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: David Taylor released from National Letter of Intent
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 6, 2009

According to a poster on themat.com as well as one on JJHuddle, David Taylor has been given a release from his NLI. He can now go to school anywhere he wants (to the best of my knowledge). It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on May 6, 2009

I love that David said, "the recruiting process begins again." I still think he'll end up at PSU, though.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 6, 2009

No need for the pessimism, Mr. Golden!!! ;-)

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 6, 2009

I think Penn State has to be the frontrunner as Cael Sanderson is still the attraction. Still, it's a second shot for Ohio State as well as a handful of other top programs. I think David Taylor has a lot to consider. Also, money might come into play. Taylor is considered by many to be the top recruit in the country. Typically a wrestler this caliber is going to receive a full ride. Who has one to give? Can a school afford to give him one if it means less money for other wrestlers that might be at weights of greater need? Would Taylor take less under certain circumstances? There are a number of factors that might come into play. Taylor's sudden release presents a dilemma for many programs though his talent is such that it's a welcome problem.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on May 6, 2009

I think Ohio State would have a chance if David can be taken at his word about the recruiting process. Color me skeptical though, having read the article about his living in Utah and training with Mr. Sanderson, etc.

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

Although I would love for David Taylor to come to tOSU, I gotta believe he is going to Penn State. I remember in an interview with FloWrestling that he said his top three schools were: 1. ISU, 2. tOSU, 3. PSU. So don't get your hopes up! It didn't hurt as bad when he committed to Iowa State, but when he commits to Penn State that is going to really hurt, like finding out your first-born is actually fathered by your best friend!

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"Although I would love for David Taylor to come to tOSU, I gotta believe he is going to Penn State. I remember in an interview with FloWrestling that he said his top three schools were: 1. ISU, 2. tOSU, 3. PSU. So don't get your hopes up! It didn't hurt as bad when he committed to Iowa State, but when he commits to Penn State that is going to really hurt, like finding out your first-born is actually fathered by your best friend!"

Except this kid is not really an "Ohio boy." When and why did they move here? I could be wrong, but if the father is a commercial pilot, couldn't they live just about anywhere and probably not affect his work?

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

According to this article, it will be difficult to pry him away from Penn State. Read the last paragraph.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/springfield-oh-sports/high-school-sports/graham/grahams-taylor-back-on-market-110374.html

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

Now it looks like he wants to be at Penn State. If Tom Ryan and his staff can snag this one, maybe they should go into sales for Chrysler!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"Except this kid is not really an Ohio boy."

He's an Ohio boy now and has been here since sixth grade. Who cares why his family moved here? It's a free country. A lot of people move every year and it's no one else's business why.

Heck, I moved here myself a long time ago --- maybe it was for the weather ?? ha, ha, ha !!!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

The weather!!! Hey, but then again if you don't like it, just wait a day or two!!!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on May 7, 2009

The Bucks just have to give him something to think about.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on May 8, 2009

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"Now it looks like he wants to be at Penn State. If Tom Ryan and his staff can snag this one, maybe they should go into sales for Chrysler!"

If he was interested in Ohio State he would already be signed there. He apparently is only interested in Cael Sanderson and last I read, he is not in Columbus.

Move on, Buckeye fans. Move on.

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"He's an Ohio boy now and has been here since sixth grade. Who cares why his family moved here? It's a free country. A lot of people move every year and it's no one else's business why.

Heck, I moved here myself a long time ago --- maybe it was for the weather ?? ha, ha, ha !!!"

The obvious point was that none of his family has any allegiance to Ohio and probably never will. There is nothing wrong with that. Stop being so naive.

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"The Bucks just have to give him something to think about."

Hank, what can they give him now that he doesn't already know about and apparently dismissed?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next