Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Discussion Topic: College futures of David Taylor and Jamie Clark?
Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

Yep -- and it's not me. I'm native to Minnesota, so I'm the MN version: a lumberjack.

So Pat, if you were Taylor or Clark, what would you do?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"Yep -- and it's not me. I'm native to Minnesota, so I'm the MN version: a lumberjack.

So Pat, if you were Taylor or Clark, what would you do?"

All Taylor can do at this time is ask for his release, if he so chooses, and hope for the best. As of today he has no options.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

"Yep -- and it's not me. I'm native to Minnesota, so I'm the MN version: a lumberjack.

All Taylor can do at this time is ask for his release, if he so chooses, and hope for the best. As of today he has no options."

Well, I read that the Alton brothers are to announce their college choice this Friday (24th), so there may be some new developments in this thread next week? :)

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

When I saw you a few weeks ago, the first thing I thought was...I wonder if Brady was ever a lumberjack? He's sure built like one.

If I signed at ISU to train with Cael, I would ask for my release (and/or set out a year as necessary). If Taylor continues to grow and is projected at a higher weight in college than in HS...being on the mat with Cael everyday is certainly to his benefit. As for Clark, I don't know who will be working with the lower weights at PSU (or ISU for that matter), so he should discuss that with Cael and decide from there. I think a wrestler has to go where ever he feels he can best develop his skills. Clark would certainly develop with Lou down at OSU.

That's based on the limited info I have on the situation and not knowing Taylor or Clark either one. I know for sure that I'm looking forward to seeing both of them on the mat again in a year or 2. And whatever they decide, I don't think I'll question their integrity. We all make decisions that we wish we would have chosen differently in hindsight. Frankly, I'm glad to see that things are looking up in the Big 10.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

"When I saw you a few weeks ago, the first thing I thought was...I wonder if Brady was ever a lumberjack? He's sure built like one."

That's man-crush material, my brother. I'm uncomfortable for Brady.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 25, 2009

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

""When I saw you a few weeks ago, the first thing I thought was...I wonder if Brady was ever a lumberjack? He's sure built like one."

That's man-crush material, my brother. I'm uncomfortable for Brady."

Nice! Finally a little humor on this thread.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on April 26, 2009

I have read most of the posts, and we had this discussion a few weeks back relating directly with this situation. Why on earth would isu not release David taylor or anyone else. These contracts, or how I refer to them as non-competes, should be looked into by the NCAA they are as one sided as a marriage and tougher to get out of. David is what 18 and made a decision in large part because of Cael. I hate to say this, because of my love for lawyers, but someone needs to test the validity of letters of intent as it relates to the rights of the individual. These documents simply apply to athletes and not the general student body. Now is the time for these athletes to determine there own fates. Most if not all the circumstances of the situation changed how for which these athletes made their decision, how does this not break the letter of intent. They are wrong and should be removed and contracts that represent both parties interest fairly be entered into. By the way I can't wait to beat PSU, let those - cats chew on my buckeyes!

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 26, 2009

I'd think having your buckeyes chewed on would be painful -- especially by sharp cat teeth.

I agree on the NLI's, but wrestlers will now, if they only want to be there because of the coach, have that stipulation (coach leaves, I'm free of the NLI) written into it.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on April 27, 2009

Yes in hindsight that reference to the cats and buckeyes would be painful, I did not give that the thought I should have. I think this has become a real issue because we have watched and cheered for these kids and we all know what our decision making ability was when we were younger, though I think David and Jamie are much farther along than most, but I feel for them. They made a great choice for there college carrers only to see the captain leave the ship. They probably feel abandoned and maybe don't fully realize that Cael made a grown up decision based on his family and opportunity, I know there going to be fine, but I think there release, especially david's given that he is now a freshman and jamie has another year, would allow them to again make as good a decision as they made the first time, without penalty, I hope ISU feels the same way.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10