Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: College futures of David Taylor and Jamie Clark?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

""Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
Friedrich Nietzsche"

Sounds like a Larry the Cable Guy joke.

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"So, if you guys were in Taylor's situation, what would you do for this upcoming season?

Me: I'd transfer to PSU (if that means that I'd have to sit out this year and then have 4 to compete 4 because I'd plan on taking an Olympic year after my RS freshman year anyway). If immediate transfer means I can't use redshirt and then have the following 4 years to compete 3, I'd sit out the first year and then enroll at PSU."

It would depend on how honest Sanderson was with me. If I had no idea what he was up to until he did it, I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. There is NO reason to believe Sanderson is the only guy who can coach a kid to world class, so with Taylor's ability I would not be so quick to follow the guy to the end of the Earth.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

"

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

""Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."
Friedrich Nietzsche"

Sounds like a Larry the Cable Guy joke."

Figures a guy that coaches in Mechanicsburg is familiar with Larry the Cable Guy. Git R Done.

I'll keep quoting Nietsche until this discussion ends.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

The discussion will be better for it.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Neitschze spelled with a "z", i believe-- he also said, "Merit in itself is an affront." Forums prove that every day.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

I saw a shirt that read:

"God is dead" -- Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" -- God

I had a nice chuckle out of that one.

Pat: I coach at the Burg. I wasn't native to there (as I believe a certain Wadsworth Foot & Ankle Doc is) :) -- but I do love the place.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

"Thank you for clearing that point up Brady. MOST of our teachers in my district are under 5 year CONTRACTS.

Roe, bargaining unit or not. I sign my contract as an individual. My union president doesn't sign it for me. My union negotiates terms of the CONTRACT and I can either sign it or move on my way. The teacher's union does not eliminate me from that decision making process.

My point was, many professionals (doctors, accountants, teachers, etc.) are under CONTRACT and make moves that benefit them and their families. Sometimes it is for more money, better location, better opportunity, whatever the reason, people leave one job for a new one when they feel it is time to move."

The point is, as it relates to this topic, teachers have no control over the terms once it is negotiated. Cael, Tressel, etc. do, including the length of term and conditions under which you may leave. A teacher is welcome to turn down a job; you are not welcome to bargain the terms outside of the general contract. And when you join a new district if you leave another, you take the same terms everyone else in the new district takes. You may not negotiate outside of that union contract. And most, unless you are talking about supplemental coaching contracts, are three years.

It is not apples to apples. I'm not bashing Cael for just that reason. I do not know what his contract indicated. If he had an out, then that was a condition he individually negotiated with ISU and something ISU must also live with. I wouldn't be surprised, since he was there for three years, that the contract was simply up. If it was, there is no contract.

Whether he has an obligation to talk this issue over with his wrestlers or recruits is another matter altogether.

Am I the only one who's smiley faces, bold print and italices have been wiped out by the changes Cosimi made? I can only write in basic script. Will I have to resort to using capital letters?

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Yeah, I noticed that too. I never used it that much, but every once in a while you want to underline something. Bummer.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Scott...I can't believe you worked Friedrich Nietzsche into a post on a wrestling site. Well done."

Actually Mike, you worked Nietzsche into the thread, I just observed that it was him.

Don Bork added to this discussion on April 22, 2009

Based upon where this country currently stands, that is, huge corporations taking in billions of dollars of stimulus monies and often giving millions in bonuses to their execs, while middle class families struggle and have lost much of their retirement funds, I must say that those over 50 are not nesecarily individuals who hold themselves to a higher moral standard. An individual who aspires to reach the pinnacle in his profession is, most often, held in the highest regard. Yet, some are castigating him based upon what they think the circumstances are. Perhaps we should each clean our own homes before we decide we need to clean the homes of others, who's true situations we have know real knowlege of. I apologize that I have not discussed "wrestling" in this post, but it does not seem to be what is being discussed here. I, by the way Gary, am 52 and from my distant perspective can'nt help but notice after these past 4 or 5 days that you ride a very high horse.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on April 23, 2009

"Pat: I coach at the Burg. I wasn't native to there (as I believe a certain Wadsworth Foot & Ankle Doc is) :) -- but I do love the place."

I knew one of us was a redneck!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next