Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Is Pucillo...
Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

Already at the top of the list of Ohio's 1x state champs?

He is only slightly less (maybe not less at all, considering who he faced this year) accomplished than Jaggers and has a year left.

I'm not nearly as familiar with Ohio's wrestling history as some people here, so I will be interested to see who else will be on this list.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

Does anyone know the story behind his hand? I herd Ryan say he almost lost two fingers and the training staff was great.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

Now, if Pucillo does win the title next year, he'll slip ahead of Ryan Bertin. He was a one time champ for St. Edwards then went to Michigan where he was a four time All-American and two time champ (6,1,3,1). Thus, Pucillo, if he wins, will also be a four time All-American and two time champ but a 3 time finalist (6,1,2,1). I don't know of any other one time champs that have accomplished as much as the two will have. Can anyone else think of a one time champ who went on to big things?

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

Pat Milkovich

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

I think Betin might be better when you dissect their high school careers. Having Iacaboni and Ty Morgan stopping you from state titles is slightly better than Tripp and Butzer imo.

I think also there is some what's now and what's Ohio State must be best going on here.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on March 25, 2009

Quote from Nicholas Sestito's post:

"Now, if Pucillo does win the title next year, he'll slip ahead of Ryan Bertin. He was a one time champ for St. Edwards then went to Michigan where he was a four time All-American and two time champ (6,1,3,1). Thus, Pucillo, if he wins, will also be a four time All-American and two time champ but a 3 time finalist (6,1,2,1). I don't know of any other one time champs that have accomplished as much as the two will have. Can anyone else think of a one time champ who went on to big things?"

Maybe Kevin Randleman (Sandusky/Ohio State)? He was a 4X state qualifier in high school, finishing 3rd as a junior and 1st as a senior. He then went 2nd, 1st, 1st in the NCAAs before leaving school before his senior season.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Ahhhhhhh Randleman... He should definitely get the nod at this point I suppose. It's crazy how much a 1xer can blossom once he's in the college environment, I suppose.

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

I like the word blossom that you used, I should send you the video of Kevin and I in the finals his senior year and my junior year, and you can tell me what you think,(who won, and the calls) because he is not the same guy less than 2 years later at OSU, he grew but not in height. He was a three time finalist and a 2x champ and probably would have been a 3x. I'd like to say I hated him, but if you know Kevin and his background, you always are pulling for him on and off the mat, He was always very cool to me and I have respected him since. He gets my vote!

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Yeah, I'm still not 100% familiar with the Milkoviches records in high school, good choice. As for Randleman, is there anyway for you to post those videos of Randleman online? I've only gotten into wrestling the past few years and there many wrestlers that I've just plain never seen wrestle that are legends in Ohio wrestling lore.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Bill: I remember well that match. I'd be curious to hear your opinion of it. I get what you're saying about "blossom."

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Nicholas:
For a very good source of information on records click on History & Records on this site. Click on Videos on this site for Randleman (Ohio State) vrs.Corey Olson (Nebraska) (1992/1993 National Finals)

Ahhh good viewing, now I have never really seen Randleman wrestle outside of those matches just now, was the double leg the only thing in his arsenal? I mean, some guys can just beat other people down with their signature even if their opponent knows it's coming.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Quote from John Robert Dula's post:

"Pat Milkovich"

No other one-timer will ever come close to Pat. Or multi-timer for that matter.

Some of these guys need to learn their history.

Well, like I said, I've only gotten into wrestling the last couple of years and I didn't wrestle in high school. Thus, my history with wrestling and familiarity with it isn't as extensive as others.

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on March 26, 2009

Gary Sommers posted:

No other one-timer will ever come close to Pat. Or multi-timer for that matter.
Some of these guys need to learn their history.

There is one other one-time Ohio State Champ that have not been mentioned. He has a record good enough to be an inductee in the Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma.(Trivia) (Tricky)

Also there are two multi-timer Ohio State Champs who have records good enough to be inductees in the Wrestling Hall of Fame in Stillwater, Oklahoma.(Bobby Douglas & Leroy Kemp)

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3  Next