Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: AWN article on Ohio State's 2018-2019 lineup
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on May 16, 2019

Addressing Hank and Scott's posts --

125: It's Jordan Decatur, Scott. He's not too small (132 last year). Yes, Heinselman could RS.

133: Yes, Pletcher could RS. Decatur... D'Emilio will RS

141: Hayes/Kinner/STICKLEY

149: SASSO

157: Mattox/Cleary

165: Smith/Romero... Karchla will RS, I've posted how deep the weight will be next year

174: He IS a Jordan, I'm told. Was hurt last season.

184: Hoffman/Steiner

197: Moore

285: Singletary... Kerkvliet will RS if Singletary does well. If not, Kerkvliet could come out of RS in January. The next year Singletary will go 197.

All weights open, I'm told, other than Sasso at 149 and Moore at 197.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Don Bork added to this discussion on May 16, 2019

There is some history of Coach Ryan not wrestling the best we had to offer. Nathan, Bo, Micah as well as others along the way. So it is certainly conceivable he may opt that way again this year if he is going to try to build toward stacking talent. Sounds apparent that Carson and likely Kerkvliet will redshirt. By redshirting Malik as well it would allow them three years together along with Sasso, Hoffman and the rest. The Bucks will have a strong team this year, but there are options and many things to consider in constructing next year's edition. Decisions made this year will affect our team's makeup two and three years down the road.

Jeff Streu added to this discussion on May 16, 2019

I think most everyone agrees he has the pedigree to be great but their skepticism is because he didn't compete last year during to injury, so we have no data points to show how he competes at the college level.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on May 16, 2019

This looks like all I've read and heard. The issues I see aren't necessarily negative but are "good" issues:

TR doesn't seem to be going the PSU route of wrestling up but cutting down.

Jordan Decatur to 125 may be a big cut. He was a large 132. I suppose if Nate could do it, he can.

If he goes 125 to allow a Malik redshirt, does that bump Jacob for possibly three years? He's an incredible athlete but I don't see him ever above 125.

I think 141 is Hayes' best weight. No excuses next year. Top 4 at least... I think.

If Smith goes 165, I would have to think it's his choice or he would just wrestle off Rocky.

If Romero has a tough cut, why not try 174?

I don't think anyone is down on Rocky but most redshirts have some redshirt competition to go by.

I like Singletary. He's a tough kid who knows how to wrestle. I hope he gets bigger still. As for the suggestion he go 197 after Kerkvliet redshirts, that ship has sailed. Hoffman moves up or Amos or Jump move in. I don't see Singletary making that cut.

There's an abundance of riches at TOSU.

Kyle Klotz added to this discussion on May 16, 2019

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"This looks like all I've read and heard. The issues I see aren't necessarily negative but are "good" issues:

Jordan Decatur to 125 may be a big cut. He was a large 132. I suppose if Nate could do it, he can.

If he goes 125 to allow a Malik redshirt, does that bump Jacob for possibly three years? He's an incredible athlete but I don't see him ever above 125.

I think 141 is Hayes' best weight. No excuses next year. Top 4 at least... I think.

If Smith goes 165, I would have to think it's his choice or he would just wrestle off Rocky.

I don't think anyone is down on Rocky but most redshirts have some redshirt competition to go by.

I like Singletary. He's a tough kid who knows how to wrestle. I hope he gets bigger still. As for the suggestion he go 197 after Kerkvliet redshirts, that ship has sailed. Hoffman moves up or Amos or Jump move in. I don't see Singletary making that cut.

There's an abundance of riches at TOSU."

Singletary himself said on Steelwood Radio that the plan is for him to go 197 his jr year. Also mentioned that the cut wouldn't be that difficult for him either.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on May 17, 2019

Quote from Ron Hreha's post:

"How do you pronounce Kerkvliet?"

We just go with “Kevlar” in the dot.net family. 😎

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on May 17, 2019

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

We just go with “Kevlar” in the dot.net family. 😎"

Some say "Champ"!

But I do believe it's KIRK-vlee-Et.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on May 17, 2019

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"

Quote from Justin Hayes's post:

"

We just go with “Kevlar” in the dot.net family. 😎"

Some say "Champ"!

But I do believe it's KIRK-vlee-Et."

Kevlar it is.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on May 18, 2019

Quote from Kyle Klotz's post:

"

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"This looks like all I've read and heard. The issues I see aren't necessarily negative but are "good" issues:

There's an abundance of riches at TOSU."

Singletary himself said on Steelwood Radio that the plan is for him to go 197 his jr year. Also mentioned that the cut wouldn't be that difficult for him either."

Is this possibly why he isn't getting bigger. I also think he competes hard. Had some nice wins this year despite being undersized but was inconsistent. Would be interested to see how he looks at 197.

Interesting the mention of the the local boy Jump. Looked fantastic the last two years but as far as I know not a lot of results against elite competition.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2